|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
They’re known by different names but work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSDs, or just MSDs) have one thing very much in common: they can cause discomfort, fatigue, pain and injury among workers.
MSDs are often caused by work that involves repetitive motion, forceful movements, and awkward body postures that are done for periods of time. Mainly the wrists, back, legs, shoulders, necks, muscles and joints are affected. This course focuses on good ergonomics principles and work organization as key prevention measures.
Ideal for both offices and manufacturers, this course covers the causes of MSDs, how to develop and use ergonomics as a way to prevent injuries in the workplace, and the importance of having an ergonomic and training program. It can also be used as a practical resource for participants in employee training sessions.
The course also features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- Hazard identification
- Examining evidence of WSMD
- Risk assessment
- Developing and implementing controls
- Job hazard analysis
- Education and training
- Program evaluation and audits
- Recommending changes
Upon completion of this course you will know how to:
- Identify the causes of WMSDs
- Understand the basic elements of workplace ergonomics
- Identify ergonomic hazards in order to prevent injuries
- Develop an ergonomics program and set goals for your workplace;
- Develop training and education tools
- Involve managers and employees in the program
Average time to complete this course is about 60 minutes.
- Managers, supervisors and workers
- Employees working from home
- Occupational health nurses, occupational therapists, and chiropractors
- Health and safety representatives and health and safety professionals
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.