|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Working at heights is a common activity, but it can pose serious hazards. Falls frequently result in severe injuries or fatalities. Protect your workers by managing the risks of working at heights. Learn to assess and control hazards related to working at heights, including fall prevention and fall protection.
This course does not cover falls from the same level. Please refer to our Preventing Falls from Slips and Trips course.
- Assessing hazards and safe working practices
- Fall prevention techniques
- Minimizing fall injuries with fall protection measures
- Emergency preparedness
- Safe use of ladders, scaffolds, lifts and platforms
Upon completion of the course you will know how to:
- Identify common hazards related to work at heights
- Describe the preferred order (hierarchy) of preventive measures for work at heights
- Use safe work practices for preventing falls
- Understand common methods of minimizing injury should a fall occur
- Take action to prepare for emergencies related to work at heights
Average time to complete this course is approximately one hour.
This course is recommended for employers, managers, and supervisors, including those who manage contractors. Workers and contractors who perform work at heights, as well as health and safety committee members, will also benefit from taking this course.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
Registration for this course is provided online, or by contacting Client Services or calling 1-800-668-4284.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.