Parents...It's Your Responsibility
Accidents and deaths can and do happen to young workers. There have been some well-publicized incidents which demonstrate how important health and safety training and accident prevention can be.
For your child's sake, and your own peace of mind, here are some steps you can take to help ensure their safety
- TALK to your child about their summer job choices. What types of jobs and workplace options are there?
- FIND out about the nature of your child's tasks.
- TALK to their employer about health and safety policies and training.
- ALERT your child to the dangers of working alone or at night.
- ENCOURAGE your child to ask questions and seek help if they are uncertain about work practices or activities.